Hail Nykole
     
Sunday, October 28, 2007
The Courtesy Campaign

I wonder anyone has the same sentimental as me – it’s been long that nation has been promoting it’s Courtesy Campaign. Well… it’s not an essential issue to me until I start to be irritated by rude behavior in public places. Throughout this year, I have real bad experiences even just for a simple shopping trip.

Scenario 1:
If you are shopping trip and was carrying a couple of shopping bags with your personal bag and laptop bag. How would you feel if some young girls came knocking on to you and give you a strange start expecting you to apologize to them?

Scenario 2:
You are walking and chatting with your group of friends while walking towards a shopping mall. How would you feel if someone just cut into your area and knock into you despite the large area around you. It’s not a crowded place by the way.

In both scenarios, it’s pretty obvious that either I’m carry lots of stuff or with a large group. Therefore I conclude that it’s is visually “big” enough to be seen. But why are people expecting me to apologise when they come intersect into my path despite the large empty area around me? Not been racist or biased, but both scenario that I recently faced happen to be either youngsters or foreigners residing in Singapore.

“ Have they been taught or knew anything about our Courtesy Campaign?”, I asked myself. I hope Singaporeans or people that live in Singapore can me more courtesy and stop bumping into people. Well… even there is, please stop staring at people and expect an apologize.

Personally, I will try not to knock into some one if given a choice. But please don’t blame me if you chose to bump into me when I’m carrying many things…!

Labels: ,

 

hail nykole
@ nykolism

About Nykole
Blog
Photos
Design
Wish List
Links

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Powered by Blogger Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket