Hail Nykole
     
Monday, May 21, 2007
Diagnosis of my epilepsy

As mentioned, I am updating the conditions of my epilepsy today after my visit to NUH Neuroscience department. After every trip for doctor’s appointment, I never fail to complaint. Am I expecting too much of the doctors or the service standard just aren’t up to standard? I bet many of you are aware of the long waiting time, especially in the hospital, and expensive consultant charges for the few minutes of advices.

The episode today is more focused on the doctor whom I think that he has gold in his mouth. He simply DID NOT give me much knowledge about my condition. I could feel the few attempts that he wants to end the conversations. It’s simply a question and answer session, every question posted by me is replied with a short answer by him.

Shouldn’t there be patient rights? Shouldn’t the patient be provided with the basic knowledge of their conditions? Why are we paying them where they can solve our problem during the consulting time?

Sometime I can’t resist but to wonder was it because I’m a subsided patient that I deserved that treatment. However, I believe and trust the fairness in the system that treatment received should be categorized by the amount paid.

I just can’t feel that every time trip from Tampines to NUH is worthy. Tell me how can I feel better?

Lastly, after the complaints, here’s the diagnosis of my condition.

  • generalized epilepsy
  • no driving
  • preferably no diving, unless with accompanies
  • does not require medicine unless there’s a relapse or frequent seizure.
  • all other information can be found through the media

Yes… That’s all!

Labels: , , , , ,

 

hail nykole
@ nykolism

About Nykole
Blog
Photos
Design
Wish List
Links

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Powered by Blogger Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket